To successfully migrate recurring donors to our Anedot platform without bothering your donors, please see below for the steps you need to complete.
- Contact the Anedot team at email@example.com and notify us that you plan to move recurring donors over.
- The administrator of your Stripe account must log in to Stripe and give Stripe permission to migrate the Stripe tokens to Anedot.
Tokens reference payment account numbers (PAN) commonly referred to as a credit card number or bank account number and are used in commerce to avoid having to use sensitive data frequently.
- Stripe will upload the PAN information to their sFTP where Anedot’s token provider will retrieve it.
- While the initial token migration is taking place, you can begin preparing a file for Anedot that includes donor information (name, address, email, phone, employer, occupation, or any other relevant data) as well as recurring information (amount, frequency, recurring date, etc). Anedot will need this information from the customer in order to successfully migrate the recurring transactions and begin processing those donations on Anedot.
- Once Anedot has the donor and recurring information from the customer, Anedot will match the Tokens from Stripe with the recurring data from the Customer.
- After the data has been imported and aligned, Anedot will inform you when to stop all future recurring transactions in Stripe. This is to ensure that we do not double-bill a donor (Stripe + Anedot collectively). Once the customer has acknowledged that recurring donations have stopped in Stripe, we will start recurring in Anedot.