Steps to successfully migrate recurring donors to Anedot from Stripe without bothering your donors.
- Confirm that you will be moving over at least 100 active recurring commitments from Stripe. If you have less than 100 active commitments, you will need to manually contact those donors to begin new commitments.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and notify our Migrations Team that you plan to migrate recurring donors to Anedot.
- The administrator of your Stripe account must log in to Stripe and give Stripe permission to migrate the Stripe tokens to Anedot.
- Stripe will upload the encrypted PAN information to their sFTP where Anedot’s token provider will retrieve it.
- While the initial token migration is taking place, you can begin preparing a file for Anedot that includes donor information (name, address, email, phone, employer, occupation, or any other relevant data) as well as recurring information (amount, frequency, recurring date, etc). Anedot will need this information from the customer in order to successfully migrate the recurring transactions and begin processing those donations on Anedot.
- Once Anedot has the payment data and recurring information, Anedot will match the Tokens from Stripe with the recurring data from the Customer.
- After the data has been imported and aligned, Anedot will inform you when to stop all future recurring transactions in Stripe. This is to ensure that we do not double-bill a donor (Stripe + Anedot collectively). Once the customer has acknowledged that recurring donations have stopped in Stripe, we will start recurring in Anedot.