Steps to successfully migrate recurring transactions to Anedot without bothering your donors.
- Confirm that you will be migrating at least 100 active recurring commitments from your existing merchant provider. If you have less than 100 active recurring commitments, you will need to manually contact those donors to begin new commitments.
- Email email@example.com and notify our migrations team that you plan to move recurring donors over.
- The administrator of your merchant account must provide permission to your existing merchant provider for the migration (token transfer) to take place. You may need to email, call, or login and submit a support request to your existing merchant provider.
- The merchant provider will encrypt your PAN data with Anedot's public encryption key and then upload the PAN information to their sFTP where Anedot will retrieve it.
- While the initial token migration is taking place, you can begin preparing a file for Anedot that includes donor information (name, address, email, phone, employer, occupation, or any other relevant data) as well as recurring information (amount, frequency, recurring date, etc). Anedot will need this information from the customer in order to successfully migrate the recurring transactions and begin processing those donations on Anedot.
- Once Anedot has the payment card data and recurring information, we will match the Tokens from the previous merchant provider with the recurring data from the Customer.
- After the data has been imported and verified, Anedot will inform you when to stop all future recurring transactions with the previous merchant provider. This is to ensure that we do not double-charge a cardholder (former merchant + Anedot collectively). Once the customer has acknowledged that recurring donations have stopped with the previous merchant provider, we will start recurring in Anedot.