A tandem page is a donation page where two or more organizations can work together to raise money on the same page. By default, donations are split evenly between candidates, but donors can choose to change the split on their contributions if they want to.
Here are the benefits of Anedot tandem pages:
- Teamwork - Fundraising is a team sport where non-profits, political campaigns, and other organizations often work to help each other for a common cause. Anedot tandem pages can be used by any Anedot customer to raise money in partnership with others.
- No additional reporting headaches - Anedot tandem pages do not use a conduit PAC or any other entities. All contributions are direct contributions just like a typical donation. They are direct contributions to your account. That means federal, state, and action organizations can all use tandem and partner together as long as the law in your state allows it.
- Increased fundraising totals - In beta testing, we found that our test cases found a 50% lift in their total fundraising on tandem pages. If candidates A and B each raise $1000 total on an average campaign, a tandem pages can raise each $1500 total.
Here's an example of what a tandem page looks like for your donors:
Here are some FAQ's about Anedot tandem pages:
- How do I set-up an Anedot tandem page? - To set-up an Anedot tandem page, you should design a donation page on an Anedot account as you would normally. Once you have done that, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc an admin on each Anedot account you would like on that tandem page. They will need to approve the page before the page is created, so they should reply all confirming that they agree to participate.
- Can I remove a candidate from a tandem page? - Yes, the person who requested the tandem page can remove a candidate at any time. They just need to send the request to email@example.com and our team will remove them promptly.
- How long does it take to create a tandem page? - After approval is given by each Anedot account, tandem pages can be created within 2 business days.
- Tracking - The contribution to each Anedot account is a direct contribution, so they will only have access to their data unless they agree to give another account access. You can track the donations to your account in the "Transactions" tab.
- Authority Lines - Each account will need their authority line or legal language on the page. By default, this will be pulled from the account's general donation page.
- Fundraising across account types - There are no limitations on Anedot accounts using tandem pages across different types of accounts (federal, state, local, etc), but each Anedot account is responsible to follow the laws in their state. We recommend Tandem pages adhering to the account with the most strict rules. For example, if a federal candidate is on a tandem page with a state candidate, then the page should not request or accept corporate contributions. The federal account would have to return those contributions just like they have to if they received a check.