Donor Recovery messages serve as an abandoned cart message for your donors. These are instructions on how to create those messages and add them to your donation pages.
If a donor begins to donate but leaves the page, if they typed in their email Anedot will automatically send your donor an email asking them to complete their donation.
To create and edit your Donor Recovery Message, you go to your Campaigns tab and click the Donor Recovery tab on the left of your screen.
From there you can either create a new message or edit an existing message.
In the editor, you can edit:
- Message Name: This is an internal name that you will recognize when adding it to a specific page
- Message Subject: This will be the subject line of the email
- Contact Delay: Choose the minimum amount of time after the form visit before sending the message out
- Message Body: This is the body of your email
- Donation Form Link Text: After the body, we'll automatically add a donation form link with this text
- Default Message: You can select the button if you would like to make the message the default message for your account
Then, you need to add the message to your desired Campaign page. You can do this by:
- Clicking "Campaigns" in the navigation bar
- Click "Edit" next to the Campaign you want to add the message to
- Click on the "More" tab in the campaign editor
- Scroll to the bottom and select the message you'd like to use from the dropdown menu next to Donor Recovery
- Save your Campaign