The donation batch import tool enables you to submit multiple donations at once by uploading a file. That file must match the import template and no columns can be deleted or changed.
We have a pre-validation system to ensure that the file will import all of your donations properly.
Batch File Specifications
The template CSV file is the format you should use to import donations.
A CSV file should be sufficient for most users. For more complicated use cases, you can upload a JSON file instead. Reach out to us if you need details on how to use a JSON file instead of a CSV file.
Details for specific fields
Date: Date of the original donation authorization from donor.
- must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD
Amount in Dollars: Total amount of donation.
- Donations must be ≥ $1
- Any value that we can parse is valid. $1.00, $1, and 1 will all work the same.
Source: Type of payment must be one of the following:
Donor Type: Can be left blank or be one of the following:
State: Must be two characters.
- Example: TX = Texas; LA = Louisiana
Phone: Phone number must only include digits (no characters). ex: 1112223333
Card Code: This is the verification number on the back of the credit card.
Card Month: This is the card expiration month in 2-digit MM format, although a leading 0 is not required for 1-digit months.
Card Year: This is the card expiration year in 4-digit YYYY format.
Steps for importing donations
- Download the import template via the following: https://anedot.com/donations/import/donation-batch-upload-template.csv.
- Make a copy of the template file for your current batch. We will keep record of the file name and show it in the UI, so the file name should be unique and meaningful.
- Add new rows to the file with the data for the donations. See the batch file specifications section below for details.
- Upload the CSV file by doing the following:
- Navigate to the desired account and click on 'Transactions'.
- Click on the 'Import' button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the campaign that should receive the donations.
- Choose the file containing the new donations.
- Click 'Upload' to submit the file for processing.
The pre-validation system checks to ensure that the imported donations will be logged or processed.
Incorrect Header/Column Name
Improperly Formatted Fields