Anedot can provide custom domains to accounts that advertise a significant amount on Facebook
Anedot hosted pages provide a simple, effective way to utilize lead and donation pages for your organization. They are the most secure and efficient way to collect contributions.
As part of Apple's iOS 14.5 focus on App Tracking Transparency, Facebook has made some changes to event conversion tracking. These changes have a significant impact on Anedot and e-commerce platforms for customers heavily utilizing the Facebook advertising platform. In short, Facebook is requiring that any account advertising on their platform must own and verify its own domain.
This means event tracking no longer works on links like secure.anedot.com for Facebook conversion tracking. However, we have an excellent solution to this problem. You can utilize your own custom domain that you can then verify with Facebook.
With custom domains, a link like secure.anedot.com/account/donate becomes anedot.account.com/donate .
1. Do I need a custom domain?
You only need a custom domain if you are advertising a lot on Facebook and utilizing conversion tracking. If you are not advertising on Facebook, then you should not need a custom domain.
2. Do I need to have anedot.account.com as my custom domain?
No, you have the flexibility to use any subdomain as a custom domain. This can be contribute, secure, or donate. Our team just needs to know what it is so we can clear it.
3. Will I lose any functionality like DonorID with credit cards or one-click donations?
No, you will not see any difference in the functionality of your Anedot pages. If donors go to your custom domain page, their previously saved credit cards will still be saved on your pages.
4. Will my old links go away?
No. With custom domains, both the secure.anedot.com and your custom domain will be active. This means custom domains will solve any issues with Facebook, but you will see no change in service.
5. How do I verify my domain with Facebook?
You can follow Facebook's instructions to verify your domain here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain/
- Login to your registrar or DNS provider
- Add a new CNAME record
- Set the name to your custom domain (e.g. secure.pauldietzel.com, secure.dietzel.co, etc.) and the content to domains.anedot.com. If you are using Cloudflare you may need to set proxy status to DNS only.
- Save the CNAME
- Visit your Custom Domain and check to see if it is giving a 404 or some sort of error that looks like Anedot.
- Send an email to email@example.com and let us know that you have completed the above steps and the Custom Domain is ready to be enabled.
- The Anedot team will clear your custom domain within 72 business hours.