First, you will need to log in to your user profile and select your organization's account. Then click Action Pages in the Navigation bar.
Once you're on the Action Pages home page, here are the steps to create the custom fields your viewers will fill out on your page:
- Click on the name of the page that you would like to edit. This will bring you to the editor.
- Once in the editor, at the top, there should be 4 button options: Page, Messages, Settings, and Share. Click on the Page button.
- Once on the Page tab, click Form on the right-hand side.
From this point, you can create your own custom fields to collect non-donation information on your page from your supporters.
To do this, click "Add Field". There will then be a menu to choose which question type you would like to select. You can select the Standard Fields, or scroll down to the custom field type. These types are:
- Birthdate- Birthday is similar to date fields, but are specifically designed to help you collect the date of birth of your supporters.
- Date- Date fields are great when all you need is a date as a response to your question.
- Checkbox- Checkboxes are great for situations when more than one option can be selected.
- Dropdown- Dropdowns are great to help conserve space in your form, and your Supporter is familiar with the options available.
- Hidden- Hidden fields are generally used to pass values that do not need to appear to an end-user on your page. You can pass data to third party integrations or for your own internal tracking.
- Question- Question fields are great when all you need is simple yes or no confirmation.
- Radio- Radio buttons are great when the options are mutually exclusive and exactly one option can be selected.
- Requirement- Requirements are great when you need to have people agree to certain terms or requirements in order to submit a form. This can either be in the form of submission based where they agree by submitting the form or clickwrap where they must check a box to agree.
- Text- Text fields are great when you need to require small or large amounts of text to be typed.
Once you've selected your type of field, you can type your question and answers if applicable. You can also star your preferred answer to make it appear first to your supporter.
After you have finished creating a new question, each question will all saved to your account for future use. You can select one of these by clicking on "Add Field" then on "Account Fields".