- User with Admin Role
Admin Role can:
- Full or Partial Refund of Credit and Debit Cards transactions
- Void Credit and Debit Card transactions
Admin Role cannot:
- Refund PayPal transactions
- Refund Direct Debit (aka ACH, eCheck) transactions
Direct Debit (ACH/eCheck) and PayPal transactions must be refunded by Anedot staff. Note: voids are not possible with PayPal transactions.
In Transactions, find the transaction you wish to refund (or void) then click the refund (or void) button next to the transaction. You can issue a full or partial refund less than or equal to the total transaction amount.
If you need help finding the Transactions area please refer to the Getting Around article.
If you do not see the button, you are not an Admin user or the transaction is a Direct Debit (ACH) or PayPal.
- A void may be issued before 8 PM EST the same day that the donation takes place. Fees are returned if a void is completed. A refund can be issued after the void cutoff has passed. Fees are not returned if a refund is completed.
A void is performed on a transaction that has not processed/settled yet. Voiding a transaction makes it disappear from a donor's statement in a few days. Until then it may show up as pending. It is not possible to do a partial void.
A refund is performed on a transaction that has already processed/settled. Processing fees are not refunded because the transaction has already processed and fees have already been charged to us by the bank and card associations.
Login and click "Transactions" in the Navigation.
Steps to issue Void/Refund:
1. Click the [...] button on the line of the desired donation.
2. Click Void/Refund
(Note: "Void" will appear in the place of "Refund" if issuing a Void is possible)
3. A confirmation box will pop up, click "OK" to refund or "Cancel" if you do not wish to issue a refund.
4. After clicking "OK", you will notice that the refund has been issued in the transaction history.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at: (225) 250-1301.