The donation batch import tool enables you to submit multiple donations at once by uploading a file.
Steps for importing donations
- Download the import template via the following: https://anedot.com/donations/import/donation-batch-upload-template.csv.
- Make a copy of the template file for your current batch. We will keep record of the file name and show it in the UI, so the file name should be unique and meaningful.
- Add new rows to the file with the data for the donations. See the batch file specifications section below for details.
- Upload the CSV file by doing the following:
- Navigate to the desired account and click on 'Transactions'.
- Click on the 'Import' button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the campaign that should receive the donations.
- Choose the file containing the new donations.
- Click 'Upload' to submit the file for processing.
If there are any problems with the file formatting, an immediate error message will be displayed on the screen.
If the file formatting is valid, a success message should be displayed on the screen and you should receive an email containing the details of the batch processing. Please review this email because it may be possible that some of the donations failed to process. The email will have a CSV file attached showing which rows were successful or not including error messages that may help you correct your file for resubmission. Only resubmit failed donations, resubmission of successful donations will cause donors to be charged again.
Batch File Specifications
The template CSV file is a suggested format with commonly used fields that are known to work. You may modify the structure to make your own template as long as it follows some guidelines:
- CSV files must have the
- The order of columns in your file does not matter and can be changed.
- The required columns will depend on the settings for your campaign.
- You may remove columns from your file that you do not use.
- A column that has a header name we do not recognize will result in the entire batch file being rejected.
- Header names are not case-sensitive. We will automatically convert the headers to lowercase and replace spaces with underscores. Example: "Street 2", "STREET 2", "street 2", and "street_2" are all equivalent and will work. "Street2" would not work because it will miss the underscore and "line_2" will not work because that name does not match the field in our system.
- We may accept header names that are not in the default CSV template depending on the settings for your campaign. For example, if you need to set a country (other than US) for a donation you may add a column with "Country" as the header and the two letter country code as the column values. Reach out to us if you have a question about a specific field being supported.
A CSV file should be sufficient for most users. For more complicated use cases, you can upload a JSON file instead. Reach out to us if you need details on how to use a JSON file instead of a CSV file.
Details for specific fields
Date: Date of the original authorization from donor.
- must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD
Amount in Dollars: Total amount of donation.
- Donations must be ≥ $1
Source: Type of payment must be one of the following:
Donor Type: Can be left blank or be one of the following:
State: Must be two characters.
- Example: TX = Texas; LA = Louisiana
Phone: Phone number must only include digits (no characters). ex: 1112223333
Card Code: This is the verification number on the back of the credit card.