The batch import mechanism is best used when processing multiple transactions daily.
Steps for importing transactions
- Download the import template via the following (or click on the file attached at the end of this article): https://anedot.com/donations/import/donation-batch-upload-template.csv.
- Fill out the template via the instructions below.
- Upload the csv file (import template) by doing the following:
- Click on 'Transactions' in the Navigation.
- Click the Import Donations button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select "Choose File" and navigate to the template.
Once you've imported the template, you'll receive an email detailing any issues that were encountered during the import. If there are any errors, the entire file will be rejected. Once all errors have been corrected, the import will work and transactions will be authorized and collected.
The batch import file includes multiple columns that must be entered based on the information below. Setting up the import file differently than shown in the example file will result in errors.
Campaign UID: specifies to which campaign the donation should apply.
- You can look up the campaign UID from the Import page.
Date: Date of the original authorization from donor
- must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD
Amount in Dollars: Total amount of donation
- Donations must be ≥ $1
Source: Type of payment must be one of the following:
Donor Type: Must be one of the following:
State: Must be two characters.
- Example: TX = Texas; LA = Louisiana
Phone: Phone number must only include digits (no characters). ex: 1112223333
Card Type: Must be one of the following:
Card Code: This is the verification number on the back of the credit card.